Thursday, June 30, 2005

Thank you...

Today my wife said " thank you for supporting me and being there for me while I was in the hospital and for putting up with the illness".

I tell you this not to say that I'm a great husband, but rather that as being a husband and wife in marriage, that we need to be there for each other during times of trouble.
I didn't give it a minute of thought that I was doing anything out of the ordinary. We took wedding vows to be there for each other "in sickness and in health".
I wonder how many couples get divorced because one person in the marriage becomes "ill"
Yes it hard when one gets sick. Yes it's nice whenever everything is going well. But we must keep to our wedding vows.
Maybe it's been a long time since you last thought about your wedding vows. Maybe it's even time to renews those vows together if only in your heart.

Just a thought.....

No comments: