Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Where's my free prescriptions?

Towards the end of January, we ordered all of our drugs from the manufactures through their patient assistance programs. It's now been over one and a half months with no drugs or letters. I've been told it takes two months or longer to recieve them.

Even though I have a new job starting next week, I still won't have the group insurance plan in effect until May 1. I'm starting to get worried we will not see these free drugs and that I'll have to go to the pharmacy and pay full price for the drugs because we will run out of drugs before that.

If you've had any experience with patient assistance programs, please leave your experience in the comment section 0f this blog or email me @bipolartwo@gmail.com.

Currently the medicines my wife(schizoaffective disorder) and myself(Bipolar 2) are on is Risperdal, Lamictal, Lorazapam, Klonopin, Benztropine. I quit taking the Risperdal and have seen no ill effects from it. I haven't taken any Risperdal since I lost my job. I wanted to save my prescription for my wife to use in case we ran out of drugs or money.

My state has a "discount" drug card. I already have this plan in my possession. According to their website the Risperdal is $185/month and the Lamictal is $116/month at the DISCOUNTED prices. Multiply that by the two of us and thats $602/month just for those two drugs. The other drugs are alot cheaper than those. I do have a little bit of money in the bank to cover this if we have to but it would destroy us in the end. COME ON FREE DRUGS- WHERE ARE YOU???

5 comments:

Joel said...

Grrrrr. The meds have unquestionably changed my life for the better. But drug companies....

It's not that they get us addicted. They build a dam and fail to build the fish ladders they promised....

Unknown said...

My parents are both diabetic and have participated in such programs. It took them 3 months to get their meds the first time, and then after that there was a quicker delivery time.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a COSTCO near you?? They have very cheap prices for medicine.... I know Lamictal is very expensive and you should find from needymeds.com (your psycholgist can look into this for you) and see if you qualify... I don't know your income but if you and your have an income of less than $25,000 you can get needymeds. and they can also looking how much your bills are each month to deicide if you qualify... Lamictal is very good about it... hope this helps

Anonymous said...

My name is David Root and i would like to show you my personal experience with Klonopin.

I am 25 years old. Have been on Klonopin for at least 4 months now. Started taking it for anxiety and a chemically induced teeth grinding problem from an antidepressant. It works great. It helps with the teeth grinding, and I take a very low dose of it. I don't abuse it. Abuse it, and your asking for problems. I don't see a problem with addiction (I was in a situation where I was without it for 4 days, and I was fine).

I have experienced some of these side effects-
None, a little sleepiness, but nothing ground breaking

I hope this information will be useful to others,
David Root

Daniel Biggs said...

The obstacle such as anxiety, stress, depression, insomnia, vertigo, lack of sleep is the main factors that affect mental health. These levels may occur due to various reasons.
Buy Etizolam