Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Here's an update for you...!!!

Right at the end of my work shift today, I was informed that I no longer have a job ! Merry Christmas to me.

They have been getting rid of salary jobs left and right where I work. Seeing how I was the highest paid Supervisor there it was only a matter of time before my head went on the chopping block.

I've been waiting for it to happen for a long time. It really suks as I had 14years in there and life was good. Don't know what I gonna do now. I dont care about the new home we just built 3 years ago. I don't even really care that I'm out of a job and that I'll probably lose every material thing I have. Its all toys anyhow. I can live anywhere.
My greatest concern is being able to make sure my wife gets her meds and stays out of the hospital. I'll just quit taking mine altogether. I will learn to live without mine.

So when it comes to losing my job my only concern is my wife. Aint I just a great husband or what !!

Merry Christmas to me

5 comments:

Maggs said...

my hsuband loses his eff the 23rd...sorry for both of us!

BipolarTwo said...

I always land on my feet- I'm sure you will also

jane said...

You're the good kind of husband...so few of you left. Please remember though, you're better for your wife when you take your medicine too.
Is your work offering a serverance plan? Or do you have COBRA? Here is 1 thing you can do. If your pdoc can write a prescription for 3 months (meaning if you take 1 a day, make it for 90) have them write it asap so you can get it while you're still working.
Check with your local mental health depts. Is your wife on social security? you can email me if you want & i'll try to help with resources.
janelovestarzan@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I got a job right out of high school and was with the company for several years. I had worked my way up from general labor on the manufacturing floor to a nice office job in the engineering department. One spring morning in 2001 I was invited out to lunch by my supervisor. He gave me an outstanding performance review, a promotion and a $10,000 raise in my yearly salary. When Thursday of that week rolled around officials from the our corporate office came in and said they were down sizing to cut costs. Everyone in my department was let go and our jobs shipped to engineering office at corporate head quarters.

I know what you're going through. Keep your chin up and best of luck to you. Despite recent events, still try and have a good holiday season.

Joel said...

My middle finger is raised high for you. Bastards!

Be careful that this doesn't trigger you into an episode. You know the signs, but also have your loved ones watching. Remember the Yiddish Proverb: If three people tell you you're sick, lie down.

And don't forget that you're not alone....