Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Got insurance !!

Where my wife works they just offered all the employees health insurance. Its a pretty good plan at a reasonable rate. It's 80/20 of first $6,000 and it has the same drug prescription plan that I had at my job that I just lost. So at least we'll be able to afford all our prescription drugs !

I've been applying for jobs online at careerbuilder, monster and hotjobs.com. Doubt anything thing will become of those but you never know.

I'm also hitting the streets for the first time today. Going to put my application and resumes in a few places that will pay enough to support my present life style. I'm even going to apply at an employment agency.

I have to wait until the 15th of Dec. before I can apply for unemployment benefits. I'm also going to look into going to school since they pay for that also. I might consider going for a LPN degree. Always thought I would want to do that after I took care of my father-in-law while he was dying.

But life is full of changes and I get to experience it all first hand. Thank you to everyone that have left comments of encouragements the last few days.

I'll land on my feet. I always do.

4 comments:

Maggs said...

I think it's wonderful that you are feeling like you will bounce back. Last week I was feeling hopeless but this week is better. We always bounce back, somehow.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Joel said...

Just last night I was at a support group meeting. Other members of the group were talking about their woes in getting social security and their recent problems with Medicaid/Medicare which is in the process of denying coverage for half the atypical antipsychotics that they use.

I sat next to the one person who, like me, had health insurance. "We are so lucky," I whispered to her. "You bet," she said. And we shook our heads because we felt that our other friends shouldn't have to suffer as they did.

Unknown said...

Stay positive, things will turn around for you.

jane said...

I'm so happy you've got health insurance. That can be so worrisome.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear right away, now is the slowest time of year, but it picks up after the 1st.
Your attitude is a winning one & I've got no doubt there's sunshine in your future.