Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm a Non -smoker ..

I can honestly say I feel as I'm a non smoker for the first time in my life. My mental toughness is there !! I keep telling myself I will not smoke. Its been four days now.

The Nicoderm CQ patches are working wonderfully. I have no physical craving for a cigarette. The only mental weakness I have is with doing the things I previously associated with smoking a cigarette.

Driving in the car is the worst. Also when I take the dog outside. It'll probably mess the dog up as she knew once I flicked the cherry of the cigarette it was time to go in. Now I just let her go out all by herself.

The biggest change right now is that I CONSIDER myself a NON-SMOKER and plan to be that way forever. The real test will be when I go back to work after my vacation is over. When I beat that first week back I'll know I've beat the mental aspect of quiting.

Wish me luck....

3 comments:

jane said...

I don't think you need luck. I think you're DOING it! I quit after 30 years & it was great to call myself a nonsmoker. I used the patch too. 1 suggestion: remind yourself of the good things about not smoking: no yellow teeth, no smokers breath, no emphysema!, no clothes that stink like smoke, no more nicotine in your car (on the roof, it's there), you're choosing to LIVE! breathmints helped a lot. I'm going to blogmark your site.

I'd also like to invite you to join our webring for bipolar bloggers. I have a blog just w/info, instructions & a link to join, if you'd like: http://bipolarplanet.blogspot.com

I hope you will consider joining :)

Radin said...

Good luck! You will surely succeed. Just tell yourself that you have never been a smoker.

Anonymous said...

Puffing away at the cigarette is always a pleasurable experience for all smoking addicts and the feeling of well-being provided by nicotine makes the users of cigarettes and other tobacco containing substances consistently addicted to the habit of smoking. But as the ill-effects of smoking show off slowly and gradually and a smoker becomes a victim to atherosclerosis, Buerger's Disease and a whole range of other smoking induced ailments, he fins no way out other than opting for the antismoking medicine Chantix. For more details on chantix, log in to the site http://www.chantixhome.com..