Saturday, July 30, 2005

Mail Order Drugs...Risperdal Lamictal, Ativan, Klonopin, Cogentin

Today we received in the mail, my wife's and I prescription drugs for the next 3 months. It cost me $150. That is not bad considering the drugs cost over $750 in real cost. Once again- thank the Lord that I have good health insurance and a drug card.

When I opened the huge mailing bag, it made me sick to see all the drugs and bottles contained within. If I didn't, (and wife wife didn't) really need these drugs to live a functioning life, I would have thrown them all away. It just looked disgusting to see all those pills. I can't believe we have to take all those.
In the bag: Risperdal, Lamictal, Ativan, Klonopin,and Cogentin. All in large bottles, which is stupid as most only had 90 small pills in each. What a waste of plastic.

My wife and I are very med compliant, we take all our drugs are prescribed. The best thing is that they all work. I could probably quit mine and survive and just go back to not sleeping and being in a mania and depressive state. However my wife really needs hers and would once again end up in the hospital pschy ward without them.

I guess its health through pharmacology ! I have no problem with that. Other than the fact it cost me $50 per month for drugs.

To all of you who are on my case for starting smoking again- THANKS. Not only does my wife yell at me about smoking now I have "cyber wives" yelling at me. I hope to try to quit smoking again here in the very near future, maybe in the next week or two. We'll see how it goes.

10 comments:

Knitting a Conundrum said...

You have my empathy about the meds...we have family problems like that, too, and members on some of the same meds.

Nicotine functions as a dopamine uptake inhibitor...a lot of people with your syndrome find that they self medicate with nicotine possibly because they need the dopamine reaction. You might talk to your doctor about it.

Unknown said...

Hi I'm one of the cyberwives who bugged you about smoking. I can relate to your pile of pills. I'm a walking pharmacy too! I can't buy 3 months worth, though, because my shrink only lets me have 1 month's worth at a time. :(
However I like seeing him so I guess there's no problem!

The Seriously Ill said...

I enjoy your site. I too am on meds, lamictal and seroquil. Thank God that president bush has not been able to dismantle the Department of Veterans Affairs as I could not maintain my mental or physical health without its services. I have linked your site to a site a friend and I have. please give it a visit. And put out that cigarette

Kiley said...

The pills, the pills, the pills...yep, I relate all too well. I'm with Lamictal, Cymbalta, and Ambien.

jane said...

I was telling a friend that I'd tried Lamictal & it made me want to gnaw on my boyfriend's arm. My boyfriend interrupted and said, "You DID bite my arm!"
oops

quit smoking again. if i did it after 30 years, you can do it too. :)

Anonymous said...

i quite after 33 years,sorry to say its in your head,nicotine withdrawl?how silly,just do it

Anonymous said...

My name is Brian Lane and i would like to show you my personal experience with Ativan.

I am 30 years old .I started taking this drug about 10 years ago to help with some pretty bad anxiety and depression I was having at the time. I started taking a 1mg dose twice a day 1 in morning and 1 before bed. I tapered myself down to .5mg twice a day and then finally was able to get off it for about 3 months this year. I just started taking it in .5mg doses again due to the anxiety and depression resurfacing after 10 years. I dont know if its coming back because I got off the medicine or just that I am having a relapse but I have to honestly tell you that those years in between when I was taking it were the best years of my life. Just be VERY careful not to take this in larger doses.

Side Effects :
sleepiness, addiction It really helped me for what I was taking it for but it was very difficult to stop.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Brian Lane

Anonymous said...

If you are a smoker and have ever attempted to quit smoking then you may be aware of the difficulties that are faced once you have quit. There is no denying the fact that quitting can be tough, but the task can be made easier by the use of effective medications such as Chantix . http://www.chantixhome.com/

ativan said...

Ativan is a great medicine and glad my psychiatrist prescribed me 1 mg 2 times a day. Though I use that as well as Klonopin but Ativan gets me to sleep sometimes and Klonopin keeps me asleep. Overall I believe its a God send.

buy ativan said...

I've had no obvious side effects except dry mouth. I had severe panic attacks (12-15 a day) before taking Ativan. I couldn't work and thought I was dying. Since I started it I have had only one full blown panic attack in 5 years.