Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My soul was dry...

I've just now noticed that I haven't been reading the Bible like I normally do. It just kind of fell by the wayside. As a result, my soul was getting dry from lack of a daily refreshing from the word.

In Isaiah 35:6-7 - ...for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert. And parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habititation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.(KJV)

Even in my dry soul which has become desert like, the Lord will bring forth rivers of water which are there the bring new life to a dead area(my soul)
This is why daily reading of his word is so important. I need to rely on him more.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thank you for the reminder. When I go dark, the scriptures go by the wayside. I needed this.