Sunday, May 08, 2005

Can't remember when...

... the last time my wife and I did something just for the fun of it all
... the last time I had overactive hormones
... the last time I had a good laugh
... the last time my brain didn't feel like mush
... the last time I had a relaxing vaction
... the last time I was able to turn down overtime work
... the last time I had any disposable cash to blow on something totally absurb
... the last time I had a true friend (other than my wife)
... the last time we were invited to go somewhere
... the last time I weighed less than 180 pounds (215 now)
... the last time I felt good about myself
... the last time cigarettes weren't part of my life
... the last time I got to read a good book

... the last time.......................................................

2 comments:

Kate said...

My Dad has bipolar and I myself suffer from Major Depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. You're not alone. Chin up. :-)

Anonymous said...

After 10 years of being treated for depression, today I was diagnosed as having bipolar 2. My father is also bipolar. My doc suggested I do some reading on the net to find other people's accounts of their journeys. I've been reading your blog, and I want to say thank you for being so open and honest about your experience. This post hit home with me, because I used to be such a carefree and happy person but in my early 20's something changed. I just want to be that person again. Fingers cross that this new treatment plan can help me get some of the old me back. Thanks again.