Monday, April 25, 2005

Went to the pdoc today...

I went to my appointment with my psychiatrist today. Covered the medicines I am on. My Lamictal has been at its full dosage for 4 weeks now. My mood at this time is "normal".
He was pleased to hear that. I'm still having a little bit of trouble with "avoidance" at work. As a supervisor it's my job to go where the problems are and take corrective action. Many times I still just bury my head and stay in the office hoping the problem just gets solved by the employees. ( It usually does, but I still should be there.)If I can just overcome this withdraw then maybe I'd feel better about my self esteem at work.

But overall, the last few weeks I have felt much better. My depression is not as heavy and my mood has stabilized alot. I hope the Lamictal is the answer to some of my problems with the depression and anxiety.

I'm praying I dont suffer "drug poop-out" like I have with many other medications.

I'm also glad that I have moved away from my family doctor as my primary care physican to using the psychiatrist as my primary health care provider. It's good to have somebody that specializes in the problems I am having.

My family doctor was treating me for depression only and thats why the meds only worked for a short period of time and then we'd try a differant drug. My pdoc said my main problem was that I wasn't just depressed, but that I was bipolar and that I needed a mood-stabilzer in addition to an antidepressant. What a differance the Lamictal has made.

So, I hoping for better moods now and in the future. We'll see what happens.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just started on Lamictal about 2 months ago. I'm really finding it works for me.
Hang in there. I personally know what you deal with on a daily basis.