Sunday, April 24, 2005

Thank God for Prescription Drug coverage !

The company I work for has great insurance. Problem is that they have layed off over 250 people over the last 2 years. Thankfully I still have my job.
I sat down and went to my insurance company's web site. I can find what the prescriptions will cost me out of pocket and what the cost to the insurance company is.
Here's what I found for the drugs I'm currently on:

Lamictal - my cost= $10/month.... Real cost= $125/month
Risperdal- my cost= $10/month.... Real cost= $180/month
Lorezopan- my cost= $1.60/month.. Real Cost= $29/month
Paxcil CR- my cost= $10/month.... Real cost= $97/month

Total= my cost= $31.60/month.....Real cost= $431/month

If I lose my job at anytime in the future I guess I'll have to do without my meds. Thats a scary propostion....Make you feel bad for those who aren't fortunate enough to have good health insurance..

So appreciate it if you have good health insurance...don't take it for granted !!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I am grateful for good insurance and that I found a good therapist and can afford to go to him. There were times when my husband was out of work that I couldn't afford it and was in a dark place. That was a scary time that gave me a glimpse of what so many people go through who never get help.