Friday, January 20, 2006

Still unemployed...

As of today, I still don't have a job. I was a supervisor for 20 years but the problem is that new employers want a four year degree. That I don't have. I've also found out that I'm overqualified for other jobs. Employers must figured I earned way too much on my old job and don't want to hire me because of that.

All I need is a decent paying job with insurance. I have enough money left to keep us until the end of Febuary or the middle of March. At that point if I don't have a job paying close to what I was making before, we will lose our house and seven acres. Basically everything we worked hard to get. We built our new home three years ago and I don't really want to lose my "stuff". But I guess that is all it is- just "stuff". So if that happens there really isn't much we can do about it. We'll just move on.
Guess that life in the "rust belt"

4 comments:

jane said...

I'm SO glad you posted & that you're both okay. Do you have any equity in your home? I'm sure you've done this, but have you searched online? If not, I'd be more than happy to help if you'd like. Just tell me the city & job type & I'll look online. You know, you'd probably be perfect for a city or county job. Will you get unemployment? If you'd like me to help look, you can email me the info @ janelovestarzan@gmail.com

Maggs said...

Hi. I'm glad you posted too! I was waiting for an update.

I had to cash out my equity in December. It sucks, but helped us stay afloat.

Unknown said...

I was out of work for 18 ,omths before I finally found a job.

It's tuff out there right now. Just keep your chin up, something will come along for you.

jane said...

stopped by to say HI! I hope you're doing alright.