Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hypomania ...

For the last few days I been in a pretty severe case of hypomania. I've really been hyper, have not been sleeping as well and have been getting alot done around the house.

I just don't know what to do with myself. On the negative side, I'm smoking twice as much. Not good considering I'm still thinking about quiting.

It's been awhile since I've been like this so I'm not too concerned about it. Maybe I wont just sit around doing nothing like I usually do. I plan on using this boundless (but irritating)energy to my advantage.

Today I power sprayed the inside of the garage, the entire outside of the house and mowed the front yard. Thats a ton more work than I would have accomplished in any given day.

On Friday I have a dentist appointment. Not looking forward to that at all. I have to have an old filling drilled out and replaced. I've been able to "taste" my filling for quite awhile plus I can't chew down on that side of my jaw. Dr. says that saliva is getting into the filling and tooth and thus the taste in my mouth.

5 comments:

Jean said...

Please be very careful. If you slip toward actual mania please call the doc! Also, make sure you get sleep no matter what. Can you give someone else your credit cards? Hugs! Enjoy, I will expect to see lots of posts if you are feeling creative. :)

BipolarTwo said...

I only get HYPO- mania (little mania as oppsoed to big mania)
I just get very hyper and have more energy than normal.
No real problems other than some lack of sleep..

Thanks for your concern

Jean said...

Good for you. I am the same way. Never been truly manic. I like being hypomanic though. It feels like everything in life clicks better. I actually get stuff accomplished and get very creative. I hope things are still going well for you.

Phoenix said...

The last time I was manic I got quite a few things accomplished. The lack of sleep was a bit odd, but oh well, I am trying to see the positive side here

Pipi Longstockings said...

Hypomania...theres a new word i learnt today